Saturday, November 21, 2009

Input Output

I just got around to posting some video of Ramon eating from September. He enjoys his spoon in the first half and then some very messy blackberries in his teething net in the second. Our neighbor saw us in the park after the second eating episode and said Ramon looked very tough....like he had been roaming the park eating squirrels :).



We go to the Inwood Farmer's Market almost every Saturday for fresh fruits and veggies for Ramon to taste. We steam and puree them. He loves kale so we get lots and lots of kale. This video shows that Ramon cannot always wait for us to unpack and steam the veggies...he is a very hungry boy :).



When it is time for the food to come out the other end we sing a fun song to the tune of "I've Been Working on the Railroad"
I've been pooping in my diaper all the livelong day!
I've been pooping in my diaper just to pass the time away!
Can't you hear the poopie coming...pppppppppppppphtppppppht (fart noises).
Can't you hear the poopie coming...pppppppppppppphtppppppht (fart noises).

Poopie won't you come...poopie won't you come....poopie won't you come today!
Poopie won't you come...poopie won't you come....poopie won't you come today!

After a verse or so yesterday at the poopie diaper changing table, Ramon looked up at me over the Gumby he was gnawing, smiled and said, "Poop!" then giggled.

Since Ramon has been eating solid foods his poo has also gotten more solid. I guess as the input changed so did the output. This week he had especially solid and painful poo. After some research I discovered we had been feeding a few too many of the foods that are recommended for stopping up diarrhea. The BRAT diet is Banana, Rice, Apple Sauce and Toast....that's what kids with diarrhea should eat. If you feed bananas, puffed rice cereal and apple sauce a few feedings in a row then poo gets very, very solid and he eats so much that it is also very large. He was so upset and I was so impressed at the size that, yes, I took photos and if you are interested (Elijah) you can click here to see them. My index finger is in the photos for reference on size :).

1 comment:

Johanna said...

I'm sometime proud of my kid's poo. But I've never taken a picture of it. That may be taking it too far.